Cedar wood essential oil is extracted from the cedar tree. It has four varieties of cedar trees, which are all supposed to be timber evergreen conifers that belong to the plant known as Cedrus. The cedar wood essential oil comes from the Eastern red cedar. Cedar wood essential oil originates from the leaves, bark, and berries of cedar trees. This essential oil can be extracted through several techniques, including steam distillation, carbon dioxide distillation, and cold pressing. It is also used as an ingredient in products like insect repellent, cologne, shampoo, and deodorant.
Blends well with:
Bergamot oil, Cinnamon bark oil, Carrot seed oil, Lemon oil, Sandalwood oil, Thyme oil, Palmarosa oil, Rosemary oil and Patchouli oil
- Cedar wood essential oil refers to the traditional acne treatments that help alleviate and reduce stubborn breakouts.
- You can use cedar wood oil as an acne treatment by adding two or three drops to 5 teaspoons of any carrier oil and apply it to your skin for 20 minutes once or twice a week. Also, do a patch test first to ensure that you don’t have an allergic reaction to it.
- Cedar wood oil is also beneficial for other skin conditions. It may reduce the appearance of scars, alleviate arthritis pain, and soothe symptoms of eczema.
- Eczema is a widespread skin disorder that causes dry, red, itchy skin that can blister or crack. Some people experienced that cedar wood essential oil reduces inflammation and dryness that eczema brings. You can include cedar wood essential oil by adding the oil to your skin soap or lotion. Rubbing it on the infected or itchy area can get you some relief.
- Cedar wood essential oil is used to improve dry or flaky scalp. Cedar wood oil can stimulate the scalp and increase circulation. For better use, mix 2 drops of the oil with coconut oil and make a mixture of antifungal and moisturizing properties. Then apply the mixture to your scalp, and rub it in for five minutes. Lastly, let it sit on your scalp for 30 minutes, and then wash it out.
- From the evidence, it is known that applying cedar wood oil, in combination with essential oils like thyme, rosemary, and lavender, to the scalp, improves hair growth. For that, add cedar wood essential oil to your shampoo or conditioner, or you can just massage the oil into your scalp with a carrier oil like coconut oil.
- Before using Cedar wood Oil, you should do a skin test. You can do this by diluting 1 drop of the Essential Oil in 4 drops of carrier oil and apply a dime-size amount of this blend to a small area.
- The side effects of Cedar wood Oil may include irritation, nausea, vomiting, and damage to the digestive system.
- Besides, some individuals experience irritation when applying essential oils to the skin. You should do a skin patch test before using any new essential oil.
- Pregnant women and children should consult doctor before using essential oils.
More : https://www.theyoungchemist.com/detail/cedarwood-oil.html