Camphor oil is fragrant and can be absorbed through the skin. It provides numerous health benefits, including pain relief and reducing skin irritation. Camphor oil is extracted from the camphor trees. It is also known as Cinnamomum camphora in scientific language and has a strong aroma.
Blends well with:
Basil oil, Chamomile oil, Lavender oil, Eucalyptus oil, Frankincense oil, Rosemary oil, Peppermint oil
- It acts as a counter-irritant and is therefore used topically to relieve pain and swelling on the skin. It can cause numbness of sensory nerve endings of the skin, thereby relieving pain and inflammation, and preventing skin redness.
- Additionally, it can reduce skin problems faced by many people because of rashes that cause redness. Camphor can help in getting rid of rashes and redness when used topically as itch relieving gels. You just need to dissolve the camphor oil in water and apply it to the affected area for a few days.
- Camphor oil is also used to treat irritated symptoms of eczema. Camphor helps in relieving pain and inflammation, which is a symptom of eczema. Camphor is also used in various lotions and ointment treatments for eczema.
- Camphor is often used to heal pimples. In an airtight pan, combine 1 teaspoon camphor oil and 1 cup coconut oil. After cleansing your skin, pat it dry and apply a teaspoon of the oil mix. Massage the mixture into the pimples or problem areas and keep it on overnight. Simply wipe out the oil with lukewarm water the next morning.
- To get rid of dandruff and lice, mix Camphor in coconut oil and apply it on your scalp.
- Decontaminate the air - During the cold and flu season, you can diffuse camphor oil in the room to help clear the air, make it easy to breathe, and fight off those pesky germs. Diffusing a few drops of camphor oil is simple and effective for reducing the symptoms of the flu or preventing it entirely.
- Relieve achy joints - Camphor oil is useful for reducing muscle stiffness. Add a few drops of camphor essential oil to carrier oil, such as almond or coconut oil, and rub into tense and aching muscles in a circular motion. It works hard and deeply to relieve stiffness and pain.
- Camphor oil can be harmful, and it is important to follow instructions to use it carefully.
- If a person takes it internally, it can cause burning of the mouth and throat, nausea, and vomiting.
- Pregnant women and children should consult doctor before using essential oils.
- Besides, some individuals experience irritation when applying essential oils to the skin. You should do a skin patch test before using any new essential oil
More : https://www.theyoungchemist.com/detail/camphour-oil.html